Dr Mercola is a giant in the health industry and I am always interested in his health news articles. I was looking for an example of his idea of a healthy breakfast and I found this video.
These are the ingredients that you will need:
- 4 eggs – Dr Mercola recommends that you get these from a local farmer but in the absence of one of these, the next best thing are organic eggs. This is because he says that the processing of the outside of non organic eggs can cause problems. Break the eggs into a separate container in case one is bad.
- Then add 2 scoops of “Miracle Whey” protein powder. This is a protein powder sweetened with a herbal sweetener called “luo han fruit juice concentrate”.
- For added fibre he adds psyllium husks, but he says that it’s best to get the organic version as it can contain a lot of pesticides.
- Then he adds coconut, alternating between [easyazon_link identifier=”B001HTIWCQ” locale=”US” tag=”mmxaz-20″]full fat organic coconut milk[/easyazon_link]and shredded coconut when he wants a change.
- Finally he adds water or raw milk and uses a hand mixer to blend all the ingredients together.
- US supplier for Miracle Whey
- UK supplier for Miracle Whey (please note that you can also choose to buy the whey distributed by Pink Sun as it virtually the same formula. I checked the label – it is Ori Hofmekler’s Warrior Whey formula – and Ori’s company Defense Nutrition make products for Dr Mercola). It also comes with free shipping. OR you may wish to try the Swanson Ultra Whey which is another grass fed, hormone free formula.
Update 26/04/2015: I have been testing a lot of top quality proteins and this one Raw Organic Whey – USDA Certified Organic Whey Protein, 12oz (see below reviews on Amazon) is very good, it contains only 1 ingredient: 100% Pure organic whey protein from the milk of grass-fed Jersey cows that graze on open pastures over 300 days a year. You can sweeten it with stevia and add cocoa powder for a simple but delicious chocolate flavour that gives you much more control over what goes into your protein shake:
[scrapeazon asin=”B00APPF0LE” width=”500″ height=”400″ border=”false” country=”us”]
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.